Thursday, January 17, 2013

JD Pirate Headsup


One of the main considerations for this little project was to try and do stylized hair. Though it's not a big portion of the final render, it was one of the main decisions to finish it. Since I had the experience with styling hair in Blender, I considered blender for rendering --it was so, so intuitive to groom it in blender, I fell in love with it. At the same time, I wanted to try out Zbrush's fibermesh. Also considered Renderman as my choice of renderer. In the end it was a mix of zbrush's fibremesh and good old hand drawn curves. In the end, did a bit of texture adjustments,moved some parts around and tons of shader tweaks.

Comparing the older one and this one, forgive my shamelessness for posting that. I was a Vray noob then. I'm not surprised if I will hate this version one day but yeh moving on.

Big thanks to Dan, Dongjin and Brendan for your fresh eyes. Appreciate it much.

No comments: